Welcome to PCFitness! If this is your first time visiting this blog please click here. Enjoy your journey to better health...
COMING SOON!!!...online personal training options. Get the motivation you need to stay on track with your fitness goals.
“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
-Stephen R. Covey

Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekly Challenge #1

I have decided to change the daily challenge to a weekly challenge. I think it will be more effective. This way you really have a chance to focus on the information and I have time to elaborate on the details. You will still have something to work on everyday, but you will work on it all week.



Let us begin...



Your first weekly challenge doesn't have a lot to do with nutrition or exercise, but will indirectly help you reach your fitness goals.



Think about your "TO DO LIST". I am talking about the l-o-n-g list that has all those unfinished projects you have been meaning to do. It is the list that seems a bit overwhelming.



But... don't get overwhelmed. I want you to pick just one or two items off this list. I will be working on finishing a scarf I started making 3 weeks ago, and organizing the pile of "stuff" that is tucked in the corner of my bedroom. Your project can be as simple as sending a thank you note, returning a phone call, cleaning your junk drawer, sewing a button on your shirt...whatever it is you need to get done.



Be realistic and only choose things off this list that you truly have time to do this week. If you know you only have 20 minutes a day to devote to your list, then don't pick a project that will take you 5 hours to complete. The project you choose to start working on needs to be completed within 7 days.



Why are we doing this?



2 reasons-



1. For that sense of accomplishment that feels so good! This feeling is motivating.



2. We all have clutter in our lives. Your clutter may be emotional, physical, mental or spiritual. This clutter holds us back. As you clear out some of this clutter you will be able to focus more on your health.



I am famous for starting new projects, working on them for a few days, getting sidetracked, only to never go back. I then will make a new "TO DO" list, put way too much on it, and end up in the same place I started...with lots of undone stuff. It drives me crazy and stresses me out, but I continue to do it. I now have a rule that I can't start a new project until I have finished my current one. In the end I actually get more done. I may only have 2 or 3 finished projects but that is so much better than 10 undone projects.



I have a feeling I am not alone in this battle. If you can relate please join me in the quest to be more productive!


“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”

-Stephen R. Covey

Feel free to share your list and how it goes this week.


No comments: