Welcome to PCFitness! If this is your first time visiting this blog please click here. Enjoy your journey to better health...
COMING SOON!!!...online personal training options. Get the motivation you need to stay on track with your fitness goals.
“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
-Stephen R. Covey

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When you Lack the Motivation...

As much as I do love the feeling that exercise gives me, I will admit there are days when I just have no motivation to get moving. Today would be one of those days. There are so many things I need to do, exercise included, and all I want is to curl up on the couch and take a nap. So here is my rule for days like this...Choose an activity that you generally enjoy (or at least tolerate) doing. Tell yourself that all you have to do is 10 minutes of a warm-up. If at that point you still have no energy to exercise you can quit for the day. Most likely after 10 minutes of getting the heart rate up and starting to sweat you will want to continue. The first 10 minutes are often the hardest part.

If you are having on of "those" days like I am please join me in the challenge to give just 10 minutes before you decide whether or not you are going to exercise today.

And if you need more of a boost, call a friend and get him/her to join you. Exercise is way more fun with a buddy.

Happy Exercising!!!

2 comments:

Jodi Reeve said...

SOOOO TRUE!!!! I often not feel like working out, but once I get going I am on a role. If I am really sick or someting, then those are the times I don't work out (maybe 2 times a year). Overall I feel so much beter aftr I get my 2 hours in every day!

Even Sundays are a day of rest, but I have to do something physical for my mental health, yoga or a nice walk outside or something.

michelle said...

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!! I am totally motivationless. I am going to try that! THaNKS MEG!! You're a genius!