Welcome to PCFitness! If this is your first time visiting this blog please click here. Enjoy your journey to better health...
COMING SOON!!!...online personal training options. Get the motivation you need to stay on track with your fitness goals.
“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
-Stephen R. Covey

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do You Get Enough Fiber?

According to the Institute of Medicine it is recommended that MEN consume about 38 grams of fiber per day and WOMEN- 25 grams daily.
However, the average man and woman in the United States each currently consumes less than half that amount.
I like to think that I am better than the average American when it comes to my eating habits. I do my best to eat whole grains and lots of veggies.
BUT...
I have been tracking my fiber intake the last few days and it turns out that although I may be slightly above the average, I am still falling short of getting the recommended amount of fiber in my diet on a daily basis.
Do you get enough FIBER?
I challenge you to do a fiber inventory.
Focusing on fiber intake will help you consume a much healthier diet. If you are filling yourself up with fiber rich foods you are going to feel more full and satisfied, and won't have room for all the extra calories that you don't need.

1 comment:

Jodi Reeve said...

I have been traking my fiber and protein for awhile now. Fiber is hard to get, even in foods you would think would be really high in fiber. I buy double fiber bread which has 6g each slice, so if I have 2 in a day I get 12 right there. On days I am low, I like a fiber bar as a snack, which typically has about 9g of fiber.