Welcome to PCFitness! If this is your first time visiting this blog please click here. Enjoy your journey to better health...
COMING SOON!!!...online personal training options. Get the motivation you need to stay on track with your fitness goals.
“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
-Stephen R. Covey

Monday, February 1, 2010

Nutrition Training--Becoming Aware

Learning to eat healthy is a key component to reaching your goals. You have to learn how to correctly fuel your body with the right foods. Many problems with eating healthy stem from either a lack of knowledge, lack of awareness, and definitely lack of desire. But since you are reading this blog I am assuming the desire is there.



To start off I am going to focus on helping you become more aware of the foods you eat.



The next time you sit down to eat your meal I want you to ask yourself a few questions-



What food group makes up the bulk of my meal?



Am I consuming healthy whole grains?



Are there any veggies (besides potatoes or corn) on my plate?



Do I have any idea how many calories are sitting in front of me?



Do I know what a portion of meat, pasta, or veggies should look like? How many portions am I consuming?



Is this meal high in salt? Fat? Refined Carbs?



After answering these questions how would you answer this next one?--



Is this meal healthy?


Were you able to answer the questions or are you not sure?



Once you become more aware of what is on your plate you can start to make the necessary changes you need to create healthier meals.




This week I will be sharing basic nutrition tips with you. Hopefully by the end of the week you will have the tools to create a healthier plate.

No comments: