Welcome to PCFitness! If this is your first time visiting this blog please click here. Enjoy your journey to better health...
COMING SOON!!!...online personal training options. Get the motivation you need to stay on track with your fitness goals.
“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
-Stephen R. Covey

Friday, May 21, 2010

Farewell My Friend...

...you will be missed.
It is true, as much as I am an advocate of healthy foods, I love sugar. I find it hard to pass up at least a taste of any delicious dessert (especially when I am pregnant). But it is time to take a break from the sweet little monster. As much as I love it, I don't love how it has been making me feel these days.

Sure this fat chocolate cake is calling my name...
...or how about a slice of this decadent tart?

But I am overcoming one of my biggest weaknesses and giving up sugar at least for a month. I need to to cleanse my taste buds of it. And I need my body to understand it doesn't need it everyday. Don't worry Mr. Sugar, I will eat you again, just not now.

Thank you Chelsy for being my inspiration.

I don't believe anyone should have to give up any kind of food forever, but we do need to eat in moderation and sometimes we must put our body through a little bootcamp nutrition training in order to achieve this.

I am admitting this outloud to all of you so that I have a crowd to keep me accountable.

Yesterday was my first day. It wasn't too bad. And I feel pretty good.

Good luck to me and to any of you who want to join me in the journey.





4 comments:

Nikki said...

you starting today?!?!

Jessica Marie said...

Your blog is so inspiring and you sure set a good example! I'm with you on the sugar. SOOOOOOO hard to do away with. I'm going to try it for a week and see if I can do it! I'm taking baby steps!

There's also a free giveaway on my blog. Ends Monday, so check it out!

michelle said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! Sugar is overrated. Once you are over the cravings..which wont take a whole month by the way...try xylitol or stevia. I LOVE IT. You dont need a whole lot, you can grow your own stevia and you can use it as a substitute in baking. You wil never feel the need to use sugar again.

The Morton's said...

You can do it and your body will thank you in the end, just like it does after a good work-out. Its miserable in the process but when all said and done, SO WORTH IT!