Welcome to PCFitness! If this is your first time visiting this blog please click here. Enjoy your journey to better health...
COMING SOON!!!...online personal training options. Get the motivation you need to stay on track with your fitness goals.
“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
-Stephen R. Covey

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Salad Topper or Chip Dip-


I am sorry for the lack of posts this last week. I hope to do a better job this week.


This recipe is something that I often crave. I don't have a name for it. But it is delicious. I usually use it to top off a taco or chicken salad, but it is also yummy as a dip for chips or crackers. You could aslo just serve it alone as a side dish. It is a perfect way to add veggies to your diet. Plus the black beans are a great protein option.


1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 can corn (I actually prefer to use frozen corn)

3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced

2 avacados, peeled and diced

1 bunch green onions, trimmed and chopped (sometimes I use red onions in place of the green ones)

2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or pressed

Cilantro (as much as you like)

Lime Juice to taste

1 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp ground pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ground coriander

1/8 cup red wine vinegar

2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil


Just mix it all up and enjoy!

No comments: